Information We Collect
Mentor Mentee may collect certain information about you when you use the Services. The information collected may vary, and may include:
- Contact and identifying information, such as your business, association, trade association, or school address, name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Account information, such as your email address or password (or anything else that identifies you) used to access or use the Services, including, without limitation, to create an account or for any other purpose;
What Do We Use Your Information For?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used for various purposes, including in one or more of the following ways:
- To provide access to our Services;
- To handle customer service and support;
- To process and fulfill your requests made through the Services;
- To communicate with you about your accounts, requests, comments, and questions;
- To document career information such as hours applied to tasks, tasks completed, hours at work, hours at school, progress in acquiring technical skills, Department of Labor data required to be in apprenticeship programs and other information related to attendance, work progress, and skill acquisition;
- To send you information about Mentor Mentee’s products, services, contests, and promotions, including in the form of notices, offers, and solicitations that may take the form of U.S. mail, telephone calls, email, and other methods of contact;
- To administer and fulfill our contests and promotions;
- To comply with applicable law such as to prevent fraud and monitor against theft, and to comply with legal obligations and Mentor Mentee’s policies, to establish, exercise, or defend against legal claims, and to monitor and report compliance issues;
- To improve our applications and customer service;
- To conduct research and help us learn more about your preferences and enhance your experience; and
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Who Has Access to Your Information?
Mentor Mentee may share your personal information under three scenarios, which are described herein: (1) if you opt-in to take an on-the-job training (OJT) opportunity, generally as a Mentee or Apprentice; and (2) as authorized by you through Mentor Mentee for government-required information needed to participate in such things as Department of Labor apprenticeship tracking or other business, government, or legally required need.
We may disclose personal information to third parties in order to perform services requested or functions initiated by you. In addition, we may disclose personal information in order to identify you in connection with communications sent through the Services. In some situations, your information will be shared with an organization that you have a specific relationship with, such as a parent company, an association, a trade association, Department of Labor, a school district to which your school belongs, or an insurance company that you work with to provide proof of training.
We also may share information, including personal information, that we collect as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property, or protect the rights, property, or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding agency order, legal process, governmental request, or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
We may also disclose your personal information for various administrative purposes, as allowed by law.
We may transfer information, including your personal information, in connection with a merger, sale, acquisition, or other change of ownership or control by or of us or any affiliated company (in each case whether in whole or in part).
We may release your information, including your personal information, if it is necessary to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. We may provide aggregate data and information to third parties to describe how our customers are using the Services. We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., which collects information on pages visited, time on site, and related analytics. We use the information provided by Google Analytics to improve our Services.
Other Information Collectors
No security system is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that the personal information you provide will not be disclosed or intercepted.
“Do Not Track” Signals
At this time, there is no consistent industry standard concerning what websites should do in response to “Do Not Track” signals. Thus, we do not currently take any action in response.
Right to Know:
If you are a California resident, you can request a notice, free of charge, disclosing the following information collected by Mentor Mentee:
- The categories of personal information collected about you.
- The categories of sources from and specific pieces of personal information that Mentor Mentee collects and retains about you. This does not include information that is collected for a single, one-time transaction that is not retained by Mentor Mentee or information that is not maintained in a manner that would be considered personal information.
- The categories of your personal information that Mentor Mentee discloses to third parties for a business purpose.
- The categories of your personal information that Mentor Mentee sells to third parties.
You may make an information request by calling 913.814.7708 which is U, Incorporated’s (parent company of Mentor Mentee) number or by emailing info@MentorMentee.com. Mentor Mentee will provide this information only upon receipt of a verifiable consumer request. Mentor Mentee will not provide personal information to a consumer more than twice in a 12-month period. The disclosure will cover the 12-month period preceding Mentor Mentee’s receipt of the verifiable consumer request.
We will take steps to verify your identity in order to fulfill your request. In order to have us provide specific pieces of information, we will require a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request. If we are unable to verify that the individual submitting the request is the same individual about whom we collected information or an authorized agent, we will not provide the requested information.
Right to Delete:
You may request that Mentor Mentee delete personal information collected from you. Except as otherwise provided by California law, Mentor Mentee will delete any of your personal information, and will direct any of its service providers to delete any such information upon your request. When processing a request to delete, we may erase some information and we may de-identify some information.
California residents may make a request that we delete your personal information by calling 913.814.7708 or emailing info@MentorMentee.com. Mentor Mentee will follow up with you to confirm that you want us to delete your information. Mentor Mentee will delete information only upon receipt of a verifiable consumer request. If we are unable to verify the request, we will process it as a “Do Not Sell” request.
The Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information:
California residents may request to opt-out of the sale of personal information. If you are a California resident and would like to opt-out of the sale of personal information, please submit your request by calling 913.814.7708 or emailing info@MentorMentee.com.
Mentor Mentee collects the following categories of information:
- Category of Source: Mentor Mentee Assessment/Training Account
- Category(ies) of Commercial or Business Purposes:
- Maintaining or servicing accounts
- Providing services
- Categories of Information Collected:
- Organization Name
- Billing Address
- Billing Country
- Billing City
- Billing State/Province
- Billing Zip
- Phone Number
Mentor Mentee will not discriminate against a consumer because the consumer exercised any of the consumer’s rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, including but not limited to: denying goods or services to the consumer, charging different prices or rates for goods or services, providing a different level or quality of goods or services to the consumer, or suggesting that the consumer will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Nevada residents may send a request to opt-out of the sale of personal information to the address under the “Contact” section or by calling 913.814.7708. Mentor Mentee may ask you to verify your identity after receiving such a request.
Terms and Conditions